Location: Fordway, off Rt. 102
Phone: Main Office: (603) 432-6136
Facility Includes: Small dog area, agility obstacles, and tunnels.
- Directions - Find directions to the dog park here!
- Rules & Regulation - Please read these before attending the park area.
The Derry Dog Park is an off leash dog area located on Fordway in Derry, NH. The Dog Park is positioned next to the Animal Control Building and across from the Transfer Station.
The area is completely fenced in, with a double gate to enter, allowing dogs the opportunity to run and play freely in a safe and enclosed environment. Many agility obstacles are available at the park!
Another addition to the park from many generous donations is the Small Dog Park area. This separate off leash area is open to small dogs, 20 pounds and under only.
The Dog Park is open sunrise to sunset. Please note that this park has a carry in, carry out policy. We thank you for keeping the park clean by removing any trash or waste your pup might leave behind. Donations are critical to the ongoing success and improvements made at the park. A donation box is located at the park's main entrance with all proceeds going directly towards ongoing improvements. Thank you for your donations and continued support!
Directions to the Dog Park
From the North: Take Rt. 93 South. Get off Exit 4. Take a left at the end of the exit towards Derry on Rt. 102. Go about 0.8 miles and turn right onto Fordway. The Dog Park is on Fordway on the right, across from the Transfer Station.
From the South: Take Rt. 93 North. Get off Exit 4. Take a right at the end of the exit towards Derry on Rt. 102. Go about 0.5 miles and turn right onto Fordway. The Dog Park is on the right, across from the Transfer Station.
From the East: At the Derry Traffic Circle, take the Rt. 102 West exit (Broadway) into downtown Derry. Go straight through first set of traffic lights. Take a left onto Fordway. The Dog Park is on the right, across from the Transfer Station.
From the West: Follow Rt. 102 East into Derry. Take a right onto Fordway. The Dog Park is on the right, across from the Transfer Station.
Dog Park Rules & Regulations
When attending the Derry Dog Park, please be sure to abide by the following rules and regulations:
- Users of this facility do so at their own risk. The Town will not be held liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog on Town property.
- Handlers must watch their dogs at all times.
- Handlers are responsible for any injuries caused by their dogs.
- Children 8 years or under are not allowed in the off-leash area.
- Children 9 to 16 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- All handlers must be over 16.
- All dogs must wear current license and vaccination tags.
- Dogs must be leashed when exiting or entering the off-leash area.
- Handlers must "Scoop the Poop" and properly remove and dispose.
- No female dogs in season (heat).
- No more than 2 dogs to 1 handler at any time.
- No glass containers.
- No food allowed at any time.
- No animals other than dogs are permitted.
- Please take turns and be considerate when using the facility.
- Apparatus in the park are for dogs only - patrons are not to climb or play on them.
- Handlers are responsible for filling in holes that their dog(s) dig.
- Please dispose of all litter properly.
- If your dog bites / impacts a human, then he/she is immediately and permanently expelled from the park.