To receive an electronic copy of our application, click here. Please return applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Attn: Derry Parks & Recreation 31 West Broadway, Derry, NH 03038. Currently the main Recreation office is closed to the public and we cannot take copies of applications in-person. If you would like to reach us to ensure we receive your application, please call (603) 432-6136 Please include three professional or academic references.
- Parks Seasonal Labors: Responsible for semiskilled and unskilled work in the care and upkeep of all Town parks and recreational areas. Must be at least 18 years of age. A valid driver’s license and previous experience is preferred. Pay range based on experience: $12.51- $18.17 per hour
- Waterfront Lifeguards: Responsible for maintaining safe and precautionary procedures at waterfront facilities as well as supporting the enforcement of all safety procedures. A valid lifeguard certification is required. Applicants who only have pool certifications are encouraged to apply. Must be at least 16 years of age. Pay range based on experience: $11.42- $15.13 per hour
- Park Attendants/Concession: responsible for administrating quality customer services at a specified park location. Good communication skills are required. At least 15 years of age. Pay range based on experience: $9.05- $11.86 per hour
- Volunteers/ Community Leaders in Training: We expect that over the course of the next few months, volunteers will be critical in supporting the department as we support the community. Volunteers should be no younger than 13 and must be mature and responsible. Volunteers over the age of 18 are also encouraged to apply.
- Fitness /Program instructors: Fitness Instructors / coaches wishing to offer small class sizes of clinic like programming are encouraged to contact the department. These services are anticipated to be suspended until July 2020. Some virtual programming may become available sooner. Must be at least 18 years of age and have all required licensures and certifications. Pay range varies.
All applicants are encouraged to contact the office at (603) 432-6136 to ensure we received your completed application. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received and based on the number of positions still available. Applicants who submit incomplete applications will not be contacted. Interviews will be done virtually or by phone unless an in-person interview is necessary. All hiring documents will be emailed to the applicant if they are selected for the position and an appointment will be made for the applicant to drop off the documents prior to the first training/work day. Masks are required to be worn by all applicants for in-person appointments.