Come join our NEW Backyard Adventures it's a new series of activities that help you get to know your neighborhood and surrounding communities. Here's how it works: we coordinate and/or research an activity with a local business with all the information we think you'll need and you show up! It's just that simple! Here's what we have so far.....
Trips and Tours for 2018 and beyond
The Derry Parks & Recreation Department coordinates trips throughout New England and beyond for Derry residents and non-Derry residents alike. Approximately 7 local trips and an additional 6 national and global tours occur annually through the Derry Parks and Recreation Department. These trips are different than the Backyard Tours and Adventures as they typically include transportation, entertainment, and a meal within one registration fee unless otherwise noted. Coach buses are used for all local transportation unless otherwise noted. Door to door service is included for Derry Residents with all global trips and tours through Collette unless otherwise noted. For more information on upcoming trips and tours, select the available links below or contact the Derry Parks & Recreation Department. Trips are currently listed by sequential date.
- Discover Washington D.C. June 7-12, 2018
- Canyon Country (Arizona & Utah) September 25-October 2, 2018
- Christmas on the Danube River Cruise November 26-December 4, 2018
For more information on these Tours visit: www.gocollette.com Then call our office and ask about prices for these Tours! 603-432-6136
Upcoming Recreation Summer Trips
- Gloucester Lobster Harbor Cruise, Thursday, July 12, 2018 Bus # 2: Board the Beauport Princess Ship for a scrumptious Lobster Clam Bake! The Captain will provide a narration of the sites as we cruise through the harbor. Then we will travel by coach bust to Rockport, MA. Explore this quaint sea side village filled with treasures before we head home.
Registrations Begin: Residents & Non-Residents Monday, May 29th.
- Freeport Shopping Excursion, Thursday, August 16, 2018: Journey from Derry, NH to Freeport ME. We will stop at Nubble Lighthouse then onto a grand shopping experience. Over 67 stores including the LL Bean home base store, Coach Factory, Main craft Distilling, Bass and more! Registration begins Residents - Monday June 4th Non-Residents: Monday June 18th.
- NH SCOT Highland Games, Friday, September 21, 2018: We will travel to the beautiful White Mountains of NH for a clebration of Scottish Heritiage and spirit! This day gives you access to the renowned musical performances of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pipe Band & Dancers, Albannach and Red Hot Chilli Pipers to name a few. Then stroll through the Scottish vendor tents and try a bite of many delicious foods.
Registration begins: Residents - Monday June 4th Non - Residents June 18th.
- Fall Foliage - Turkey Train, Thursday October 4, 2018: Travel to Meridith NH and board the Hobo Railroad Turkey Train. The meal is provided by Harts Turkey Farm during your two-hour adventure. We will also travel down the road to Kellerhaus wheyer you can spend time in the gift shop and purchase and Ice Cream Sundae!
Registration begins Residents: Monday July 16th Non-Residents: Monday July 30th.
- Boston Ballet- The Nutcracker and Backstage Tour- Saturday December 1, 2018: More information coming soon...
Registration begins Residents: Monday, September 10th Non-Residents: Monday, September 24th.