Trips and Tours for 2018 and beyond
The Derry Parks & Recreation Department coordinates trips throughout New England and beyond for Derry residents and non-Derry residents alike. Approximately 7 local trips and an additional 6 national and global tours occur annually through the Derry Parks and Recreation Department. These trips are different than the Backyard Tours and Adventures as they typically include transportation, entertainment, and a meal within one registration fee unless otherwise noted. Coach buses are used for all local transportation unless otherwise noted. Door to door service is included for Derry Residents with all global trips and tours through Collette unless otherwise noted. For more information on upcoming trips and tours, select the available links below or contact the Derry Parks & Recreation Department. Trips are currently listed by sequential date.
- Canyon Country (Arizona & Utah) September 25-October 2, 2018
- Christmas on the Danube River Cruise November 26-December 4, 2018
For more information on these Tours visit: www.gocollette.com Then call our office and ask about prices for these Tours! 603-432-6136
Upcoming Recreation Trips
- NH SCOT Highland Games, Friday, September 21, 2018: We will travel to the beautiful White Mountains of NH for a clebration of Scottish Heritiage and spirit! This day gives you access to the renowned musical performances of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pipe Band & Dancers, Albannach and Red Hot Chilli Pipers to name a few. Then stroll through the Scottish vendor tents and try a bite of many delicious foods.
Registration begins: Residents - Monday June 4th Non - Residents June 18th. Waiting List
- Fall Foliage - Turkey Train, Thursday October 4, 2018: Travel to Meridith NH and board the Hobo Railroad Turkey Train. The meal is provided by Harts Turkey Farm during your two-hour adventure. We will also travel down the road to Kellerhaus wheyer you can spend time in the gift shop and purchase and Ice Cream Sundae!
Registration begins Residents: Monday July 16th Non-Residents: Monday July 30th. Waiting List
- Boston Ballet- The Nutcracker and Backstage Tour- Saturday December 1, 2018: Today we will travel to visit Boston during one of the most magical Seasons of the year! Our first stop will be The Boston Opera House for an enchanting Performance of the Nutcracker filled with colorful characters, breathtaking costumes, and stunning scenery. After the show, we will receive a special backstage tour of this incredibly magical and historic facility. (Backstage is not handicapped accessible) After our tour we will travel to Faneuil Hall which will be decorated beautifully for the holidays. There you will have free time to enjoy as you wish before heading home after this magical holiday experience.
Registration begins Residents: Monday, September 10th Non-Residents: Monday, September 24th.