The Town of Derry is offering the Downtown Façade Improvement Program to visually improve the downtown area, align with the community’s vision, and drive economic development. The program is structured as a 50/50 matching grant for improvements to the exterior of businesses located in a designated downtown area (please see the map). The matching grant maximum is $5,000.00 for projects costing $10,000.00 or more. Both existing and new for profit businesses may apply.
Major maintenance, repair, rehabilitation and restoration of commercial storefronts and facades are eligible activities. Projects must achieve visible results that enhance Derry’s downtown image, marketability and economic vitality. Project components eligible for funding include:
- Exterior painting
- Removal of inappropriate and/or incompatible exterior finishes or materials
- Restoration/repair of exterior finishes or materials
- Reconfiguration of exterior doors or entrances
- Window repair/replacement
- Exterior signs (new, repairs/replacement, lighting)
- Display lighting
- Permanent exterior landscape and hardscape
Applications are due by December 31, 2018. Façade improvements must be completed by June 30, 2019.
Contact the Economic Development office for details.