Town of Derry’s COVID-19 Response
Town Hall Hours: Monday– Friday, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
For further information:
Dave Caron, Town Administrator 603-432-6100 or [email protected]
The Governor has issued a Stay at Home Order effective March 28 through May 4. This order was has since been amended. "Safer at Home " extends the Emergency Order 2020-004 through July 17th. The Order outlines which essential services shall continue in order to maintain and support our community; Derry’s town government is exempt from this Order – to maximize public safety, please access our services through our website.
To ensure the safety of Derry residents and our staff while continuing to serve our citizens, the following temporary measures have been implemented indefinitely (unless otherwise noted). Visitors to the Municipal Center are strongly urged to wear masks upon entering the building. If you choose not to wear a mask, or are feeling unwell, please take advantage of the Drive-Thru or online services.
Most services can be accessed online.
- The Derry Municipal Center will reopen to the public on July 06. All public buildings will continue to be cleaned each day and hand sanitizer stations are located throughout Town facilities for use by the public. Services may continue to be accessed on-line, by phone, by drop boxes at the DMC or via the Drive-Thru window. Please reserve use of the Drive-Thru for those services which cannot be completed on-line (e.g. new motor vehicle registrations). Drive-Thru service is available Mon-Fri. 7 AM – 5 PM.
- The Tax Collector’s Office Drive-Thru will be open from 7 AM – 5 PM Monday – Friday. Please note that it takes between 5-10 minutes to process a registration and the Town has only one Drive-Thru lane. On-line registration of motor vehicles and other services remains an option. Social distancing and directional markers have been placed in the public areas outside of the Tax Collector, Town Clerk and Assessor Offices. Glass partitions in existence at the first-floor customer service counters have been augmented with sneeze guards in the transaction areas.
The deadline for payment of First Issue of the 2020 property tax levy is July 1, 2020. To provide additional convenience to our residents, a separate collection area in the DMC parking lot will be in use for June 30 and July 1 where non-cash property tax transactions can be completed. Staff from various departments will be in the parking lot to assist taxpayers. Upon entering the rear of the parking lot from Pearl Street, please stay to the left for non-cash property tax transactions. All other transactions will proceed in the right lane to the Drive-Thru. All cash transactions must be processed at the Drive-Thru lane at the Municipal Center.
In order to comply with the Governor’s directive on social distancing, the use of the Transfer Station will be metered. Approximately 10 vehicles will be allowed into the facility at any one time, and additional vehicles will be held in queue at the guard shack. Thanks for your continued patience.
- The Derry Public Library is open to the public by appointment as of June 15th for access to public computers. Curbside pick up is available. The Library continues its reopening plan in stages. Please refer to the Library's Pandemic Policy and visit the website at www.derrypl.org. Taylor Library is also offering curbside pickup, and will reopne on a limited, appointment only basis beginning July 06. To make an appointment, call 603-432-7186.
- Derry Fire and Police Stations - Emergency Personnel remain on duty. Fire Stations are currently closed to non-essential personnel and the public. As of July 6, the Fire Department plans to open lobbies at each Fire Station for citizen inquires and to obtain fire permits. The ability to allow fire station tours and CPR classes will be reevaluated after Labor Day. At the Police Station, essential services will continue to be provided with limited access to the station. The Police Department has implemented a remote crime report software package that will allow residents to file online crime reports via the internet. To use the online reporting system click here.
- Recreation Department – All programs at Veteran’s Hall are suspended at this time. Visits to Veteran's Hall are limited to transacting business with Division staff. Registrations may be completed on-line or by contacting the Recreation office at 432-6136. Playgrounds are open with the exception of the Splash Pad which will remain closed for the summer. Tennis courts and basektball courts are open with social distancing guidelines. Derry Rail Trail and Conservation Lands are open for walking and other activities. The Dog Park is open. Gallien's Beach is open as of June 15th and will be open 7 days a week through the summer.
- Derry Schools - – Per order of Governor Sununu, all public schools are closed; please consult the School District website https://www.sau10.org/ and Pinkerton Academy https://www.pinkertonacademy.org/#.
- Marion Gerrish Community Center & Thrift Shop – closed at this time.
Remain aware and educated about the COVID-19 virus by frequently visiting the following federal and state websites:
Federal Center for Disease Control - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
State Public Health COVID-19 Website - https://www.nh.gov/covid19/
State Bureau of Infectious Disease Control – COVID-19 Fact Sheet – March 17, 2020 https://www.derrynh.org/sites/g/files/vyhlif3026/f/alerts/nh_bureau_of_infectious_disease_control_-_covid-19_fact_sheet_-_march_17_2020.pdf
DerryCAM has gathered a list of resources and information. Click here to link to their site
If you have a COVID-19-related or non-related medical emergency, dial 911; if you have questions regarding COVID-19, dial 211 or 866-444-4211.