Town of Derry’s COVID-19 Response
Town Hall Hours: Monday– Friday, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
**Tax Office Hours 7 am- 5 pm and Town Clerk 8 am- 4 pm**
For further information:
Dave Caron, Town Administrator 603-432-6100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Governor issued a Stay at Home Order effective March 28 through May 4. This order was has since been amended. "Safer at Home" extends the Emergency Order 2020-004 . The Order outlines which essential services shall continue in order to maintain and support our community; Derry’s town government is exempt from this Order – to maximize public safety, please access our services through our website.
Effective Friday, November 20, 2020, Governor Sununu enacted Emergency Order #74, which requires all persons to wear a mask or cloth face coverings over their noses and mouths anytime they are in public spaces, indoors or outdoors, where they are unable to do so or do not conisistently maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from people outside of their own households. This provision was lifted April 16, 2021, but it is recommended masks be worn in the building.
Most services can be accessed online.
- The Derry Municipal Center reopened to the public on July 06, 2020. All public buildings will continue to be cleaned each day and hand sanitizer stations are located throughout Town facilities for use by the public. Services may continue to be accessed on-line, by phone, or via the Drive-Thru window. Please reserve use of the Drive-Thru for those services which cannot be completed on-line (e.g. new motor vehicle registrations). Drive-Thru service is available Mon-Fri. 7 AM – 5 PM.
- The Tax Collector’s Office Drive-Thru will be open from 7 AM – 5 PM Monday – Friday. Please note that it takes between 5-10 minutes to process a registration and the Town has only one Drive-Thru lane. On-line registration of motor vehicles and other services remains an option. Social distancing and directional markers have been placed in the public areas outside of the Tax Collector, Town Clerk and Assessor Offices. Glass partitions in existence at the first-floor customer service counters have been augmented with sneeze guards in the transaction areas.
- The Town Clerk's Office - The Town Clerk advises until November 9, 2020, Marriage Licenses will be issued on a limited appointment only basis. Currently all appointments are booked. A NH marriage license may be taken out at any NH City or Town Clerk's office.
Operations are back to normal at the Transfer Station. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
- The Derry Public Library walk in hours are Monday - Saturday from 9:30 - 12:30 and 1:30 - 4:30pm, as well as Monday - Wednesday from 5:30 - 7:30 pm. Reach us any time by email at email@example.com or by phone at 432-6140, 9:30 - 8:00 Monday-Wednesday, and 9:30 - 5:00 Thursday-Saturday. Curbside Pickup available Monday-Wednesday between 9:30 - 7:30 and Thursday-Saturday 9:30 - 4:30. One hour computer sessions are available. Visit the website at www.derrypl.org. Taylor Library is also offering curbside pickup, and is open to the public by appointment only. To make an appointment, call 603-432-7186, or visit Taylorlibrary.org.
- Derry Fire and Police Stations - Emergency Personnel remain on duty. Fire Stations are currently closed to non-essential personnel and the public. As of July 6, the Fire Department reopened lobbies at each Fire Station for citizen inquires and to obtain fire permits. Fire station tours and CPR classes are still not available. At the Police Station, essential services will continue to be provided with limited access to the station. The Police Department has implemented a remote crime report software package that will allow residents to file online crime reports via the internet. To use the online reporting system click here.
- Recreation Department – Derry Receation is open for business as usual. Please see the following link for the most up to date information from Parks & Recreation. https://www.derrynh.org/parks-recreation/pages/covid-19-updates-derry-parks-recreation
- Derry Schools - – Please consult the School District website https://www.sau10.org/ and Pinkerton Academy https://www.pinkertonacademy.org/#.
- Marion Gerrish Community Center & Thrift Shop – The Center is open for scheduled groups only. The Thrift Shop is open Monday - Saturday, 9AM to 4 PM.
Remain aware and educated about the COVID-19 virus by frequently visiting the following federal and state websites:
Federal Center for Disease Control - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
State Public Health COVID-19 Website - https://www.nh.gov/covid19/
State Bureau of Infectious Disease Control – COVID-19 Fact Sheet – March 17, 2020 https://www.derrynh.org/sites/g/files/vyhlif3026/f/alerts/nh_bureau_of_infectious_disease_control_-_covid-19_fact_sheet_-_march_17_2020.pdf
DerryCAM has gathered a list of resources and information. Click here to link to their site
If you have a COVID-19-related or non-related medical emergency, dial 911; if you have questions regarding COVID-19, dial 211 or 866-444-4211.