The Derry Parks & Recreation Department offers numerous programs and events for senior citizens from Derry and other surrounding communities throughout the year. Participants must be at least 50 years old in age to qualify for Senior citizen services, events, and programs. Most events and programs are free of charge while some have a nominal fee. Many of the programs and activities are held at the Veterans Hall Gymnasium located at 31 West Broadway in Derry. This is also the location of the Derry Parks & Recreation offices, where senior citizens and their families can find information on new programs or register for an upcoming trip or event.
For additional information on Senior Citizen Programming in Derry please contact the Recreation Office at (603) 432-6136
- Monthly Newsletters are available at the Recreation office with additional info and resources. Copies will be delivered from Derry Parks & Recreation to housing centers, Derry Public Library, Market Basket, Marion Gerrish Center, and Derry Municipal Center. Are you a business? Let us know if you'd like some copies so we can put them aside for you!
- Next Pickleball Clinic Coming Spring 2019! Call us for class times!
- Better Balance Health Series is now taking sign-ups: Unlike other falls programs, this program encourages anyone to start at anytime so resources and goal setting can begin immediately rather than waiting. Also, a current 2019 mini brochure and resource guide is available to all participants listing community services and falls prevention strategies that can be used immediately..
- New Matter of Balance Registration to begin March 4th. Limited to 20 spots!
- Monthly Balance Challenge: First Thursday of every month!
- Tai Ji Quan: MBB class: Ask for a Demo!
- RSVP Bone Builders: Waiting List Available!
- Cardio Stretch! WEEKLY FOR FREE!
|Eric Bodenrader||Parks & Recreation Director|
|Nicole Ferrante||Recreation Coordinator|
|Melinda Mafera||Recreation Program Assistant|